Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ideas for a card box

By the time our wedding rolls around, most of our wedding guests will have figured out that we're not registering for much. Sure, someday I'd like to have a cherry red KitchenAid stand mixer... would reeeeeally like to have a stand mixer. But October 22 will not be that day. See, we kinda have to have a place to live first.
Our next big project, after saving for the wedding and honeymoon, will be to start saving up the downpayment for a house. It's going to be rough and will take a while, and both our families know this. We're not outright asking for money as a wedding gift, but I strongly suspect that if people decide to gift us, they're going to do so with money.
I didn't know about card boxes until I saw someone's DIY one the other day -- but it made something in my brain go "ding!" It makes total sense for us to have a card box shaped like a house.
I'm getting my ideas together for making one. I think I'm just going to paint a box with a slit in it, then make a false front shaped and painted like a house. We'll see what I can come up with. But! If I had $80 to blow on something as... well... not very useful in the long run as a card box, I would buy this one:


By DoorCountryWoodworks
 Not only is it a fully-color-customizable card box -- it converts into a freakin' awesome birdhouse after your wedding is over. So dang cool. Oh well -- I don't have anywhere to store a birdhouse, anyway, and it makes great inspiration :)

No comments:

Post a Comment