Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Giving notice...

If you read this regularly, and you notice that my posts are a little different from here on out, there's a reason for that. I've been trying to make up my mind for the past month whether or not I want to apply to be a Weddingbee blogger. I've made the decision to go ahead and apply when the official time window opens up for me to send in my info (they accept bloggers who are only fewer than 8 months away from their wedding, which will be after Feb. 22 for me).
One part of their application process is to read each applicant's blog over the course of a few weeks to get a feel for their writing style, types of updates, frequency of posts, and such, and they ask that applicants take a few weeks to write exactly as they would for Weddingbee on their blog. So - I'm going to be cutting down on some of the super-personal info in the posts (I think I've already subconsciously been doing that, to an extent) and writing with this idea in the back of my mind.
Just so you know in case you think someone stole my brain. I mean, I still plan to write like me... if it sounds like some body-snatching has been going on, that'll be bad!
If you like reading wedding-related things from real brides who are pretty down to earth, DIY-friendly, with great eyes for style in the sense of "we make things pretty" more than "this came from a runway," you might enjoy reading other bloggers over at WeddingBee:

Weddingbee the wedding blog | wedding vendor reviews |DIY wedding invitations | DIY save the dates | wedding resale 

No comments:

Post a Comment